Friday 5 September 2014

Crochet Pattern - Amigurumi Alice in Wonderland Doll



Oddly enough, there were a lot of classic children's books that, although I knew the stories well through word-of-mouth, television, or films - I never actually read until I was an adult. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There were two of those books. But I'm actually glad for that fact - I think I appreciated their bizarre storytelling and perspective on childhood more than I would have as a kid.

Looking for dolls to design, Lewis Carroll's Alice was an obvious choice. I had a chance to see the original illustrations from Alice at the British Library, and something about her surly-meets-sweet countenance has always struck me. I knew I wanted to do those pictures justice (while adding my own touches to the design).


The pattern is fairly straight-forward. Her apron is attached at the waist to keep the shape of the dress visible. I liked the poofy, ruffled look on the skirt of her dress - great for falling down rabbit holes.


She's done all as one piece, and like all of my designs, her eyes are done with French knots, so there are no small parts to be accidentally swallowed! If you know a kid who's looking for an adventure, why not make them a friend for the ride?

Download Available On:
Ravelry  |  Craftsy

No comments:

Post a Comment