Thursday 14 August 2014

Favourite Crochet Video Tutorials

I love learning new crochet techniques and patterns! I'm a self-taught crocheter, so one of my favourite things to do is search YouTube for new tutorials and ideas for stitches. 

There are so many talented video crocheters out there to learn from! I thought I'd post a few of my favourite videos for toy (particularly amigurumi) tutorials.

Some of the patterns I've tried myself, others are on my to-do list. Check out the videos below!

"Amigurumi Sailor Octopus" - YarnYard


I absolutely love YarnYard's patterns, and she offers quite a few free "crochet-along" videos as well! I made this cute little octopus earlier this year for a friend, and it came out just as pictured - such a great toy for kids to grab and carry around!

"Crochet Amigurumi HAIR Tutorial" - Allison Hoffman



I'm always looking for new ways to style my amigurumi dolls' hair, and this tutorial was really helpful when I was just starting to make my first female dolls. Plus BONUS Princess Leia hairstyling! I've bought patterns from CraftyIsCool before, and her dolls are terrific!

Crochet Little Bigfoot Pig - Sharon Ojala

These cuties are definitely on my to-do list! This is a true "crochet-along" video - quite long, but useful for all levels of crocheters (beginners can watch every step, and more advanced viewers can fast-forward as desired).

 "Perfect Stripes for Amigurumi" - June Gilbank



Stripes and colour changes are always a pain for me when making toys - I'm a perfectionist, and I'm always worried about jogging. Luckily, this video offered two different methods for minimizing the appearance of jogging when changing colours! (There's also a left-handed video available).

"Crochet Baby Snow Dragon for 'Dummies'" - TheBusyBeeMom



Another one for the to-do list - I thought a dragon might go well with my Paperbag Princess doll (a princess has to have someone to outsmart, after all)! This dragon is adorable, and fairly straight-forward to make.


Do you like video tutorials for crochet, or do you prefer written ones? What are some of your favourite tutorials out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment